The ‘Model UN Human Rights Council Universal Periodic Review (UPR)’ aims to provide an opportunity for university students and youth from around the world to study and find solutions to the human rights issues in the Republic of Korea (ROK), Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), China and Japan. The competition will be held in the same format as the United Nations Human Rights Council UPR and we encourage the participation of all students and youth who are interested in human rights.
1. Overview (of the latest Competition of 2015)
▪ Date & Time: Thursday, 30 July – Friday, 31 July 2015 (all-day event)
▪ Venue: Youngone Hall/Samick Hall, Asia Center (2F), Seoul National University (Gwanak Campus), Seoul, Republic of Korea
▪ Participants: University students (undergraduate and graduate) and youth ages 18 to 35
▪ Co-organizers: SNU Human Rights Center, Korea Human Rights Foundation, Human Asia
▪ Sponsors: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Republic of Korea), Korea Institute for National Unification (KINU)
▪ To improve the understanding of the human rights situations in the Republic of Korea, DPRK, China, and Japan, and the UN human rights protection mechanisms by simulating the UPR of the UN Human Rights Council.
▪ To discuss ways to implement UPR recommendations at the domestic level in each country.
▪ To provide an opportunity for students and youth who are interested in international human rights issues to consider working for international human rights organizations or international human rights NGOs.
▪ To create a basis for cooperation in the field of human rights among the Republic of Korea, DPRK, China, and Japan.
For more information, please go to ☞ Call for Application (2015)
Please also visit our Facebook Page: ☞ http://www.facebook.com/modelunhrcupr